- Click here to view the 2018 key dates
- Nominations are now closed
- The deadline for submission forms is Thursday 3 May 2018
We are delighted to announce that a charity collection will be held in support of UK Youth at the 2018 Awards.
Founded in 1911, UK Youth improves social mobility by providing high quality services for young people aged 9 to 25 that are delivered through a network of locally accessible youth organisations across the UK.
UK Youth’s vision is for all young people to be empowered to build bright futures, whatever their background or circumstances.
They work primarily with young people from disadvantaged backgrounds, from a wide range of religious and cultural environments, family settings, academic ability levels and geographic locations across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Over the past year UK Youth have achieved the following:
- They spent £4.8 million on direct delivery to young people in their network and almost 100,000 young people directly benefitted from our programmes.
- 23,000 young people visited their outdoor centre Avon Tyrrell, 30,000 young people took part in a UK Youth programme and over 43,000 received online support from us
- They have reached even more young people, through their members they now reach over 4 million young people
- 77% of the young people on their programmes faced at least one personal barrier (these include low income family, not in employment, education or training, young carer)
- 52% of the young people come from the 30% most deprived areas in the UK
- Their programmes consistently deliver high impact to young people who begin their programme reporting low emotional and social capabilities (91% improved their communication skills, 96% improved their receptiveness and 91% improved their resilience)